15:00 - 16:00
What if your CI builds and tests could be ten times faster? The Gradle and Maven Build Cache can improve your life as a developer by reducing the amount of time you spend waiting on your Java, Scala, and Kotlin builds, whether locally or as part of your automated CI. By storing compiled classes, test outputs, and other such artifacts, the build cache facilitates the reuse of output from any previously invoked Gradle task. In this breakout session, we’ll take a closer look at how the build cache works and demonstrate how to best adapt it to your projects. You’ll come away with a better understanding of:
- The benefits of using the Gradle and Maven Build Cache
- Proper configuration and use of the cache
- Optimizations to your build logic to maximize the use of the cache
- How to enable the build cache in your CI pipeline
- Why acceleration technologies are an essential part of Developer Productivity Engineering
Join Justin Reock, Chief Evangelist and Field CTO of Gradle, Inc. to learn how a few simple changes to your build configuration can put valuable time back into your day.